ISO 9001 is defined as the internationally recognized standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS). It is the most widely used QMS standard in the world, with over 1 million certificates issued to organizations in 178 countries.
ISO 9001 provides a framework and set of principles that ensure a common-sense approach to the management of your organization to consistently satisfy customers and other stakeholders. In simple terms, ISO 9001 certification provides the basis for effective processes and effective people to deliver an effective product or service time after time.
The key to any successful business is strong quality control. If you want your operation to thrive, your potential consumer base must be confident that the goods or services you offer meet or exceed expected standards. ISO 9001 is a quick and easy way for potential consumers to see if your company has put the time and effort into making sure your product or service is the best it can possibly be.
The standard follows the common structure provided by Annex SL. ISO 9001:2015 is more compatible with other management systems, such as ISO 14001, making it more effective and efficient to integrate management systems.
ISO 9001 has seen a 3.5% increase in worldwide certificates in 2020, showing the growth and importance of UKAS accredited certification in recent times. Statistics straight from the most recent ISO Survey.
The following are the specific duties and responsibilities of each unit in the LGU Bacnotan QMS Structure:
TOP MANAGEMENT (LOCAL CHIEF EXECUTIVE)
- Establishes and maintain the Quality Policy and Quality Objectives of this LGU;
- Ensures that the Quality Objectives are relevant and in compliance to the Standard and other applicable statutory/ regulatory requirement;
- Ensures that the Quality Objectives are aligned with the mandate of this LGU;
- Ensures that allocation of required resources to support the implementation of the QMS; and
- Monitors the implementation of the QMS action plan.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE/ QMS HEAD
- Oversees the establishment, documentation and effective implementation of the QMS in this LGU;
- Reports to the Top Management the performance/ status of the QMS, its effectiveness and opportunities for improvement, if any;
- Ensures the promotion of awareness of meeting customer requirements through the established SOPs;
- Coordinates with the external parties involving matters that are related to the LGU's QMS; and
- Reports to the Top Management all observations/ findings affecting the QMS implementation and initiate plans and recommends action to address/ resolve the same.
QMS PLANNING AND TRAINING TEAM
- Establishes strategic actions and formulates Strategic Plan for LGU's QMS;
- Monitor the attainment of targets per office and reports progress/ status of attainment in relation to the overall target and/ or Quality Objectives;
- Ensures that all employees are aware of their roles and responsibilities with regard to the attainment of the LGU's goal and objectives;
- Collaborate with and assists the process owners to maximize pro-active efforts for the continual improvement of the LGU's QMS;
- Establish a system for the Client Satisfaction Survey and review and monitor the results of the same; and
- Establish a system for identifying, assessing and mitigation risks and monitor the same.
INTERNAL QUALITY AUDIT TEAM
- Prepares, coordinates, implements the Audit Program and Audit Plan;
- Conducts regular Internal Quality Audit and issue Non-conformance Reports and/ or Opportunities for Improvement Reports accordingly;
- Prepares audit Reports relative to the findings during the internal quality audit and reports the same fo the Process Owners, Local Chief Executive and during Management Review;
- Provices input and recommendations during Management Review relative to the audit findings;
- Monitors and maintain records of implementation of corrective and/ or preventive actions for NCRs and/ or OFIRs found during the audit; and
- Establish a system for the conduct of Internal Quality Audit.
WORKPLACE ORGANIZATION TEAM
- Develops the LGU's workplace standard using the 7S framework and ensure its dissemination and implementation;
- Conducts regular 7S audit in the LGU to ensure conformance with the established workplace standard;
- Continuously promote the 7S practice; and
- Provides feedbacks on the status of the management of the work environment/ workplace to the QMR and LCE and during Management Review.
- Establishes, documents, implements and retains a system for the control of documented information;
- In-charge of overseeing the ISO Portal and official email;
- Maintains the master copies of the Quality Manual and Standard Operating Procedures including the masterlist of externally generated documents and reference;
- Ensures that the current revisions of the relevant documented information are always available when needed; prevents the unintended use of obsolete and unenrolled documented information; and
- Regularly coordianted with the process owners relative to their documented information and records management.
- Provides information and technical support to the QMR in overseeing the implementation and maintenance of the QMS;
- Coordinates with all concerned personnel all matters involving the LGU's QMS;
- Facilitates and ensures the documentation of ISO Core Team meetings, Management Review and other meetings called by the QMR;
Extends/ Provides support to the MR meetings and shall perform the following tasks in coordination with the QMR:
» Prepares and distributes agenda folder to all concerned;
» Monitors agreement and actions to be taken; and
» Prepares minutes of the meeting and provides the same to all concerned.